Monday, January 27, 2014

House: Engaged


The first major step toward Retro Geddon is underway:  I put in an offer on the house and it was accepted.  In one month I'll be moving over my retro-collection and other junk I own like two cats into my new abode.  I have so many dreams for what I want the gaming lair to be that for the past two nights sleeping on my stomach has caused some severe disruptions in blood-flow to my brain on account of my engorged house boner.  Much of it is inspired by grand-master Tim (I should say, Tim's house.  Tim doesn't directly do anything for my boner.  Though, what happens at FagMess stays at FagMess), the rest of the inspiration is borne from my mistaken belief that I have unlimited time and money.


I'm thinking a wall of TV's, a nice couch setup, a bar, some recording equipment, a tiger, a slide, mechanical bull, something that shoots flames, lasers, woofers you can stand inside of, a petting zoo with nothing but dragons, and strippers (commas are important, but a petting zoo with strippers would actually be neat).  It's not all attainable but if you dream big you're bound to accomplish something.  I think Hitler said that.

Once I move in, I plan to rip the nasty ass carpet (it's in good shape, it just looks like sea water) up and see what's underneath.  If concrete, I'll stain it.  If not, we'll figure it out.  If you want to throw your back out with me and get free beer and pizza, sign up.


3 comments:

  1. Right on. Next post dat floorplan and your layout ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YeayeEAY! You should draw up the floor plan in Visio so we can mess around with some layout ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, that would be cool. As of now, I'm not sure what furniture will go where and I don't have a memory for where cable/power outlets are. It's going to be a little tight in some regard but still manageable. Definitely not going to be able to house fun for more than 8-10 people, which is fine by me. As soon as we start moving in, I'll map out some ideas. We still have to tear up the carpet and junk so we have time before stuff gets settled.

    ReplyDelete