Thursday, January 9, 2014

House update

The Lady and I ventured to the two houses shown in the first blog.  I liked them exactly opposite as I thought I would.  I thought house one would be a bummer since it was a little bit outside of Christiansburg and further away from the neat stores and such.  I also thought the second house would be better in terms of location and have a much bigger downstairs area for me to build RetroMecca.



But, turns out, house one isn't a dump and house two kinda is.  House two would require a lot of work to bring up to speed and was actually pretty close to bunches of neighbors.  House one has the parking, the porch, the down stairs space, and less required work to make awesome.  I liked it from the moment I stepped inside it and hope to one day do most of my pooping and whacking within its firm walls.

So... I'm actually thinking about buying it.  Me, the Lady, and fellow geddoner, Josh, are going to go have a second tour on Saturday where I'll discuss offers and the like should we still think we want it.  If everything goes as planned, I could be living there in the not too distant future and a RetroGeddon could be planned by summer.

Stretch your dicks out now, I don't want anyone to pull anything as they gaze below.... (just kiddin! pull your shit, now! quickly! now, all together! yeaahheeeyay!)


HOPEFULLY!

Yeah, I guess a flyer is a little preemptive seeing as I haven't made even the slightest step toward pulling the trigger on this thing but I'm pretty confident and I guess that says something.

At this point, it's a matter of having enough money to put toward a down payment and finagle the closing costs with the seller.  We're also not going to stop looking at other houses, ya know, just in case we find a free one or even one completely furnished with blackjack tables and hookers.  *Fingers crossed*.



No comments:

Post a Comment